We are looking for a Field Application Engineer (FAE) to join our UK team. The role is based in Cheltenham in the UK, but as an FAE you’ll be working closely with customers from around the world. This is a hybrid role, and will require you to be on site for 3 or 4 days a week.
We provide a competitive salary, pension, profit-related annual bonus, generous annual leave allowance and flexibility in working hours.
We work in a friendly and relaxed atmosphere and enjoy solving complex challenges.
As an FAE, your main activities will include:
- Working with colleagues and customers to solve software and hardware problems.
- Traveling to customer sites to participate in hands-on troubleshooting when problems can’t be resolved remotely.
- Providing feedback to other engineers and management regarding technical problems and potential solutions.
- Developing applications and demos for customers, and assisting with the management of software releases for various hardware platforms.
- Representing IMDT at tradeshows, and assisting with the preparation for new shows and events.
- Providing technical training to customers in the use of IMDT’s software and hardware products.
- Degree in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering (or equivalent technical knowledge and experience).
- 3 to 5 years of relevant experience, especially in customer-facing roles.
- An excellent command of written and spoken English.
- Superior communication, interpersonal and problem-solving skills.
- A good understanding of embedded software development, and practical experience with developing software in C and C++.
The following are highly desirable
- Knowledge of embedded Linux, Yocto and Git
- Knowledge of i.MX8 application processors