We are currently looking for a new senior embedded Linux SW engineer to join our Bristol team.
We provide a competitive salary, pension, profit-related annual bonus, generous annual leave and flexibility in working hours and working location.
We work in a friendly and relaxed atmosphere and enjoy solving complex challenges.
Your role is dynamic, changing to meet new challenges, but key tasks may include:
- Developing or modifying Linux drivers for the NXP IMX platform.
- Developing Linux video applications, utilising the GPU with openCL/openCV on IMX platforms.
- Developing Linux machine-learning applications, utilising the NPU on IMX platforms.
- Porting Linux and U-Boot to new platforms.
- Creating and customising Yocto distributions.
As a senior member of the team you will also:
- Work directly with customers to understand requirements, manage projects and handle releases.
- Work with the HW team to define requirements, assist with new HW bring-up and solve complex system problems.
- Mentor junior members of the team.
- At least 5-10 years of embedded Linux experience working on low-level driver development right through to user-space applications.
- Experience with GPU and openCL/openCV or machine learning application development.
- Proven ability to move projects forward whilst overcoming obstacles.
- Proven ability to learn and work effectively in unfamiliar areas.
- Proven ability to work under pressure and meet project timescales.
- Willingness to work on several projects simultaneously.